Monday, April 1, 2019

My taonga-my treasure

My Taonga- My treasure

My taonga is a is a heart- shaped locket and I can wear it on my neck.  Both the chain and the heart locket are made of real gold. The heart is tiny but it has a picture of me on my first birthday around a lot of presents and balloons.  I wear my taonga on special occasions like weddings or other people’s birthday parties. My grandfather gave the very same locket to my grandmother on her birthday and it's been going down generations ever since.  I got it on my 1st birthday, my parents gave it to me as a birthday present.

It is important to my family because we can remember my first birthday in India and my airplane cake to represent my first time going on a plane.  It is connected to my family because it reminds us of the people that came before me.

2 comments:

  1. good job Vrusti! I like the way you discribed your sentenses. Next time I think you should explain further.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i like how you described how it looks like

    ReplyDelete